1 turkey breast
1. Allow your turkey breast to rest at room temperature for an hour or so. 2. Preheat your oven to 180°C.
3. Place your breast in a deep bottomed roasting tray and rub the skin all over with salt and pepper and wrap in two layers of foil.
4. Roast for 50 minutes per kg.
5. Everyone loves crispy skin, so remove your layers of foil for the last 20 minutes of roasting time.
6. If you have a meat thermometer, you are aiming for an internal heat of 74°C at its thickest part.
7. Rest under two more layers of foil for at least 20 minutes.
8. Whilst resting, pour the juices from your roasting tray in to a saucepan and reduce over a high heat to make the most delectable jus. It’s consistency is down to personal preference however we like to reduce it enough until it sticks to the back of a spoon. Adding a nob of butter at the very end will help it become shiny.